Reasons to use artificial turf for sports in London
By ARTTRA Grass, Sep 1 2014 04:49PM
Sport events in London can benefit from laying fake grass as a feature to spice up the sports world created. The top reasons for installing artificial turf for sports events include essential long-term requirements.
Artificial grass on sports fields will:
1. Provide longer lasting playing conditions for sports all year round. Natural grass fields will only allow for around 300 hours of play per season.
2. Not suffer damage as a result of Britain's unpredictable weather. Each layer of turf provides good drainage so no wet puddles to disrupt a game of football.
3. Allow you to maintain the layers easily as unlike natural grass, there are no requirements for mowing or seeding on maintenance-friendly fake turf. On top of that, you gain from less costs such as fertilisation. A well maintained pitch of artificial turf can last for more than 15 years. The turf will not suffer damage from brushing to remove dirt and leaves.
4. Look and feel like a natural grass pitch. The artificial turf cannot be distinguished from real grass as the designs are manufactured to provide a true natural experience for sports players.
5. Last against the foot traffic of athletes, footballers and other sportsmen. The durable nature of artificial turf provides strong resilience for seasonal sport training and as many matches as required; the pitches will never lose that needed soft touch.
6. Cut down costs on space required for sports in London. One artificial grass pitch is equal to five natural grass football pitches as an example. By hiring artificial grass, an event can benefit from large space reductions and therefore budget savings. The costs savings can help an event divert available budget to other requirements such as parking.
7. Raise a smile on eco-conscious event organisers due to the environmentally friendly nature of the turf. At sports events in London, there is no need to water the pitch; as a result, no water wastage results from hosting the event.
Some other applications of artificial grass for sports include hockey fields, golf greens, rugby, tennis courts and film production for sports events. Artificial grass creates a sports field with a high performance layer. The playing surfaces are approved by FIFA who actively support the use of fake turf for matches. With so many cost savings and long term benefits, sports event organisers in London can understand why artificial grass offers the preferred solution for sports.